Friday, September 18, 2015

Best Art Museums according to TIMEOUT

I have been to 8 of these and I would have at least added the Fort Worth Modern for the DFW area. Here is Time Out link. How many have you visited?

1.       Museum of Modern Art, NYC
2.       Metropolitan Museum of Art
3.       Whitney Museum of American Art, NYC
4.       Los Angeles County Museum of Art
5.       National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.
6.       The Art Institute of Chicago
7.       Hirshhorn Museum & Sculpture Garden; Washington, D.C.
8.       Seattle Art Museum
9.       Philadelphia Museum of Art
10.   The Menil Collection, Houston
11.   Getty Center, L.A.
12.   The Museum of Contemporary Art, Chicago
13.   Walker Art Center, Minneapolis, MN
14.   The Cleveland Museum of Art
15.   Asian Art Museum, San Francisco
16.   Museum of Fine Arts, Boston
17.   Chinati Foundation; Marfa, TX
18.   Phillips Collection, Washington, D.C.
19.   High Museum of Art, Atlanta
20.   Detroit Institute of Arts
21.   Milwaukee Art Museum
22.   Baltimore Museum of Art, Baltimore, MD
23.   Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum, Boston
24.   M.H. de Young Museum, San Francisco
25.   MASS MoCA; North Adams, MA
26.   Pulitzer Arts Foundation; St. Louis, MO

2 comments:

john smith said...

Hey Todd!

Just found your art blog. I remember Will having talked about it, but had never seen it. So glad I did.

Oh, and to answer the question, 10. I too am bummed that the Fort Worth Modern was left off. I think they have a solid collection and have been developing some great programming.

–Andy

Todd Camplin said...

I agree, the Fort Worth Modern is great and I guess I should put out my own list.