Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Summer Off

It looks like I took the summer off. I have been knee deep into a stupid app game which has been eating my time. I have not spent enough time creating art or even spending time with anything else. I can not tell you how long has it been that I have been able to travel to a major city to see art. I am truly stuck in a rut. I thought living 3 to 4 hours away from the centers of culture that I could still make the monthly trip, but when things get tight you have to cut somewhere. Don't get me wrong, I am happy where I live, but I wish the trip wasn't so long sometimes. I keep putting off photographing my new body of work. Plus I can seem to get motivated to finish this crazy piece I am currently trying to finish. I bit off more than I can chew on this one. I need to step away again and start a fresh piece. I can't keep getting caught up in an art piece that will never end. I also need to switch from my left to my right hand in making my next drawing. Just to give my left a rest. Can I do it is the real question. I have been able to paint with the left hand but drawing is another creature entirely. I really need to put the word out for a studio assistant or maybe an art student willing to help me execute my vision. Of course, that comes with its own problems. I need to stop complaining and start doing again. This weekend will have to be that new beginning. Otherwise, it will not get done.

No comments: