Saturday, January 25, 2014

Cathleen Ann Camplin

This is the only known painting by Cathleen Ann Camplin. I only have a few cartoon drawings she made when she was in high school. I don't know if this image was taken from a book or was from observation. Since she lived in flat Indiana, I can't image this was a local landscape. I bet it was made during her time using her corespondent art course. I remember digging those old booklets out and using them during my years in high school. My mother dabbled in art, but I think other things in life took her attention. She encouraged me to pursue art, but the more practical graphic design career. Fortunately, I continue to try to be impractical by pursuing a fine artist career. I will make that full transition if new five year plans fall into place. 

1 comment:

REZESKI said...

Todd, I don't need to tell you that this is a very nice painting. I'd hang it. REZ