Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Kickstart a new signature series

Ok, here is the link to my kickstarter project!
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/533314600/signature-art

Project in a nutshell

I take the signature and audio recording of my subjects, then I create an image from the information. Then, I will have a show.
I have often wondered if a portrait could be re-imagined. What more could be explore other than just a surface picture of person? I came up with something that was more collaborative. A person's signature is something that has developed over time and will change over time, but it is something uniquely produced by the individual. Their voice is another unique aspect that signifies self, especially when the person says their name.  So, when I combine these images, I come up with an abstract image that reflects the persons personality. I have attempted creating these portraits before, but this time around, I want to add color and layer other elements that begin to create a richer picture than my B&W portraits.
I want to raise the fund to dedicate a month collecting the signatures and audio records, then produce enough art works to launch an art show featuring the work.  The funds will pay for travel, materials, and submission expenses to exhibition venues.

The Goodies!

Pledge $10 or more: All backers $10 and above will be listed as contributors to my show on my website, blog, and promotional material. Estimated delivery: Mar 2014

Pledge $25 or more: I will send you a postcard with an image of one of my works created during the project on the front and a written or drawn conceptual message on the back. Estimated delivery: Mar 2014 Pledge

$250 or more: Send me a your hand written signature and audio file of you saying your name, then I will send you an art work created from your input. This will be your unique abstract portrait on a 12 inch by 24 inch printed on aluminum. Estimated delivery: Mar 2014 Add $50 USD to ship outside the US Pledge

$500 or more: Limited (10 left of 10) Send me your hand written signature and audio file of you saying your name, then I will send you an art work created from you input. This will be your unique abstract portrait on a 12 inch by 24 inch printed on aluminum. Plus you will receive one of the original art piece from my 2004-06 portrait series, but altered with a few experiments in color. Estimated delivery: Mar 2014 Add $100 USD to ship outside the US

Ok, here is the link to my kickstarter project! 

No comments: