Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Moving towards Daniel Zeller


Well I have been working on claybord of late and I seem to be making work that relates to Daniel Zeller's ink work. I got this image from another blog. I love the expansive biological structures that seem to grow out to form repeating lines. His work is very fractal and very classically beautiful. His work is extremely attractive and I keep returning to these wonderfully inspired drawings. I take a different approach in some ways, because I am primarily base off of text where his is more organic and less structured. I look forward to seeing more of his work. I saw a few pieces at some art fair recently, but I am always seeking more opportunities to see his work live, because you see so much more than an image on the web or a book. The Pierogi Gallery has a nice collection of his work.

No comments: