Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Anna Elizabeth Timmerman


From my blog (The Art Reviewer) June 14, 2010

If your looking for a new form of German Expressionism mixed with dream like imagery and a splash of abstract then head over to Anna Elizabeth Timmerman art website. Personally most of the work relies to heavy on the primitive/naive style. The works that have more detail hold my attention better than the work that uses mainly quick strokes. The painting illustrated here is using fast and slow, detail and generalized strokes. The strokes on later work seem to have a feeling of sameness that flattens the images out. I also respond the of minimal palate paintings like 'Empty Kayak' series. These images cut through the weakness of the similar stroke by parring down the image. This turns a weakness into a strength.

Comments

Anna Timmerman - June 14, 2010 9:10 AM Thank you for reviewing my work!

Art Reviewer - June 14, 2010 7:29 PM Thank you for give me the chance to do so, I really enjoyed your site. Keep making work and solving those problems. An artist's career is a constant state of discovering and mastering the works.

No comments: