Monday, January 30, 2012

Sophia Ainslie

Another artist that has helped me just from the work I have seen is Sophia Ainslie. I am amazed at the detail, minimal organic shapes, and large areas of white space. I love the action and movement of this work along with the hard edge solid colors. Great feeling of contrasting ideas, but at the same time the shapes seem to relate a great deal. The website is just amazing as well. I the front page, work, and press page. She has got it together. When I was up last summer in Boston, I visited the Kingston Gallery, where she had a recent show. Wish her work was up at the time, I would have took notice right away. The gallery was nice, it was located with all the other contemporary art spaces. I think more cities should invest in a concept like Boston. It would create more tourism around buying art. Of course, there is something to be said about Dallas' organic migration to the Design District.

No comments: