Saturday, January 14, 2012

Jean Paul Gaultier



I finally got around to the DMA's collection of Jean Paul Gaultier fashion retrospective. Very wild designs and some adult suggestive images to boot, but that did stop parents from dragging their kids to the museum. I think people watching was as much fun as the show. It was so funny to see old men with accents with two models on his arm and old ladies dressed up in the most outrageous outfits. Paul Gaulter did clothes for all kinds of celebrities. One of my favorites was a piece that looks like the Mr. Body, only for a woman. I like how on the sailor series, the museum projected faces on the manikins. The made the show all that more strange and interesting. I had a fun time all around with this over the top, genius show. I came away liking the majoriy of Paul Gaultier work I saw, if only hating a few outfits.

No comments: