Thursday, October 27, 2011

Lewk Wilmshurst



Lewk Wilmshurst
, among others, has open my eyes to the power of details in their photographs of the work. I knew I needed to make details of my work, but Wilmshurst detail in the second image tells the story of the art so plainly that I am slapping my head for not doing this sooner. So, it is time to call in another photographer and get this work photographed properly. But enough about me, what about Wilmshurst. I mean look at this great work that is made up of found images about the history of humans. Great theme, made into a chaotic structure. Wilmshurst is allowing us to make the shape have meaning and not forcing the shape something else goofy or obvious. I had experimented with images as well, but I made the mistake of using the same image. It made the work to simple. I knew multiple images would work better, so that is why I stuck with text. Wilmshurst has solved a direction to a problem I had abandon, so it is really quite cool to see another artist make such a successful piece off of similar idea. Here is the site I found the work.

No comments: