Saturday, October 08, 2011

Dallas Museum of Art


I have been a member of Dallas Museum of Art for about 4 or 5 years now. It has been worth supporting a museum on the rise. After their 2007 show, Fast Forward, their collection has exploded to an impressive assortment of Modern Art. I love visiting the contemporary section. Although I have seen their permanent collection there many times, I still get the joy of seeing the work shuffled into theme shows. Often times this helps to contextualize the work and make me see a painting or sculpture in new light. I now and then look at some of the older collection to see if they pulled out a few oldy but goodies. I think it is important to support your local museum, because it helps to keep them running, but also it supports rotating shows and new acquisitions.

No comments: