Sunday, July 24, 2011

Rebecca Howdeshell



Minimalism visual art has always struck me a elegant, powerful, meditative, and contemplative. Rebecca Howdeshell art accomplishes all these ideas by using the soft white material of felt. She imprints into the surface beautiful patterns and shapes that make you want to follow with you fingers the lines and surface of the work. You get a sense that these works want you to get as close as possible to really get the full impact. I am so glad to reconnect to Howdeshell. She is one of the great artists coming out the University of North Texas MFA programs. I was luck enough to see her studio there and see some of the works in progress pieces. Howdeshell's work will make you fall in love with minimal sensibilities all over again.

6 comments:

Caio Fern said...

you couldn't describe better the sensation I had looking to this image.....
wonderful.

Todd Camplin said...

Good to hear fro you again. I haven't posted in a while, but I always have fun reading your blog. Thanks for the comment.

Lamb said...

Love this work. Thanks for reminding me of Rebecca's incredible talent.

Todd Camplin said...

She is so talented, I had to share.

Jeanne Raffer Beck said...

Rebecca's works command attention even though they speak very softly.
The rhythms of the line work and the contrasts of smoothness and texture make it difficult to stop looking. Thanks for sharing this.

Rosemary@semo.net said...

Her work is elegant, simple, and profound.