Monday, April 11, 2011

Dallas Art Fair

The ever growing Dallas Art Fair had two satellite art fairs that helped to supplement the excitement around town. I had only time enough to visit the main art fair and although I only had an hour before they started packing up, I was able to see a lot of good work while spending a little time with some of my favorite artists work. The fair was a nice mix of contemporary art galleries and secondary market galleries. The most fun about being there at the end of the show was to see all the packing and the backs of the paintings. I ran into several of the professional packing companies and art handlers. I think I either went to school with have of them and I was in group shows with the other half. I talked to a few galleries about the art work, but most everyone spotted me as an artist or gawker rather than a buyer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you'll want to place a twitter button to your blog. Just bookmarked this url, although I had to do this manually. Simply my $.02 :)