Thursday, February 25, 2010

Next Move


So, my next move is to make a series of work that uses only poetry. Why poetry? A few reasons, 1. I have always found poetry hard to read and apparently that is something very common about people with dyslexia. 2. I would like to incorporate the German tradition that art educates and poetry is often time something people will write, but not read. By converting these poems into images, I might inspire a few more people to read some poetry. After all, if they like the images, they will want to further research the source material. 3. The greeting cards and artist's quotes don't have the same punch as using poetry. Poetry give an air of seriousness that I think the work deserves. I have another reference to how I perceive language and I plan to use screen printing to make this. When I get one done I will post it.

No comments: