Thursday, December 24, 2009

Repeat of Text


I have been revisiting this old work from when I was at UT Dallas. I think I might try to create a few more. Then again, I don't know if this work just illustrates and idea and I don't want a work that has such an easy read. I might try to create a work that the text continues in a sentence that keeps trailing off rather than a work that just repeats an idea. This way, the painting will have more of a mystery and keep the viewer speculating where the sentence might go. I think the mouth movements would make more sense as well, because I can have the mouth say a sentence and the mouth can say more than the text can reveal. I think this time I will try to paint the faces on, or at least screen print them on. Last time I just printed them on transparent sticky paper and then pressed them on the canvas. This made the painting very brittle and easily damaged.

No comments: