Thursday, May 28, 2009

Leslie Reuther


I don't think I will be in town, but I wish I could see the Capitol Arts Alliance main gallery exhibition on May 25-June 15, 2009 in Bowling Green, Kentucky. I first ran across Leslie Reuther at the Gallery 916 on the Square in BG. Her work takes text and then creates the image. I find this image text in-between space an interesting and powerful combination. Her portraits seems to have more depth with the text. Matt Tullis joining Reuther in this exhibition.

4 comments:

Troy Camplin said...

That is pretty impressive

SisterK said...

Wow, I really like this!

Caio Fernandes said...

i dont know ... arent you a litle bit tired of "new ideas" that at the end does not revel anything deeper that other artists did alread? how many "new pretty and smart ideas " will we have to see before something realy autentic and good come to be reveled ?

Todd Camplin said...

Good point Caio. New does not always mean good, although that had been in the trend in the 20th century. I guess I would not say that this is a new idea. I remember that their is a Pop artist that does this text/image type work. I wish I could remember the name. Reuther's is just a little more polished than that Pop artist.