Sunday, April 05, 2009

Marty Walker Gallery

In Febrauary, Marty Walker Gallery had a show about text based artists. Artists Alexandra Grant, Thomas Feulmer, Archie Scott Gobber, Mark Flood, Mickey Smith, and Wayne White were in this show titled there’s something I’ve been meaning to tell you… The show had a good mix of artists, of course, I am a fan of text artists in general. I thought Grant's work of mirror image text and layered paint was quite beautiful in a fill up an art book journal kind of way. Scott Gobber has this strong graphic sign making painting style that attracts me to the work. White makes text art on campy backgrounds and White uses an informal 3D text to match the campy backgrounds. Smith's and Flood's was a little to straight forward with the content, but that is the danger of using text. The read con detract from the image. Feulmer on the other hand, I still have not made up my mind. Marty Walker Gallery is always on my list to visit when I am gallery hopping.

No comments: