Sunday, March 08, 2009

Charles Farrell


Although, I am no longer an editor of Sojourn Journal for the Arts and Humanities, I do like to check their website to see the new publications and I like to keep updated with the artists that were published. In the 2008 issue, the editor's choice for best artist was Charles Farrell. I thought this was a good choice after reviewing the other artists in the journal. Farrell's work did stand out, because the collages Farrell does is not type of those collages that makes you want to say, "you've seen one collage, you seen them all." I think the source material really helps to create a good sense of narrative. However, a few piece are a little too symmetrical, which distracts from the artist's pick of imagery. Overall, I enjoy the work. Congratulations, Farrell, on the editors pick.


Why is the word 'symmetrical' not a palindrome and for that matter, why is the word 'palindrome' not a palindrome?

5 comments:

Troy Camplin said...

And if you have a lisp, you can't pronounce lisp?

Arhagle said...

nice one

Paintings painters art history

Troy Camplin said...

This is a nice collage. It's what collage should be.

Ari said...

This reminds me a bit of the webcomic Married to the Sea. :)

Todd Camplin said...

Arrrr, you might be right!