Tuesday, September 30, 2008

New Work



Title: '. . . celebration, happiness, and pride.' size: 24 in. by 24 in., Medium: painted digital print on board.

As soon as I made the work, I realized my image looked a little like Vincent Falsetta's paintings. Falsetta is a professor here at UNT, so it is no surprise to me that I was bond to reference one of the artists here. I just hope my own style will over come any influence by the other professors here. Or maybe I should feel free to steal until all that theft will add up to something new. As usual, this image is made from found words. There is one thing I HAVE to work on and that is keeping these images completely clean and undamaged. I have been to loose with my old work and I now see that few of my painted prints are not in very good condition. I know how to keep this stuff safe, I just need to be more mindful of my handling and storing. Making these works over can be very costly.

1 comment:

Troy Camplin said...

His looks like cuts through striated rock or a cluster of branches that grew together. Yours looks like lots of fingerprints on a glass.