Thursday, September 25, 2008

Andee Rudloff



When I was in Bowling Green, I ran into an artist that inspired me to promote other artists. Rudloff was very active in BG, KY by curating a space at the Phoenix Public Theater. She gave me a show at the theater. In turn, I gave many artists shows at the gallery and a Starbucks I curated. Her statement says that she makes art because it communicated her ideas better than speaking, which is a something said in many statements I have read including an early statement of my own. Rudloff is active in the arts in Nashville by belongs to the Untitled Artists Group, the Plowhaus Artist's Cooperative, and Caroline Carlisle Consulting out of Nashville. I think Rudloff's funky, fun personality reflects her well in her art work. Next time I am in Nashville, I hope to look her up and reconnect.

1 comment:

Andee said...

cool...thanks. I am glad that you are doing so well.
next time you are in nashville, stop in at the Frist Center for the Visual Arts...I am the Educator for Outreach there. It is a fun job.

All the best!
-andee